Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know what kinds of boost you all are seeing on a stock 6.4.

I just towed my first decent sized load (about 7200 lbs) and upon entering the interstate at WOT my boost didn't go over the 30psi line. Before then while just messing around town I would also never get past 30psi but I thought that was because I was putting enough of a load on the engine. What gives? Is this just as far as the needle goes but there really is more boost going on or is this truck not really giving as much boost as it can?

I don't have any gages to be able to accurately tell what's going on. Once I get my DashHawk I will know for sure what's going on. For now I just have to rely on the dash boost gauger.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
IIRC I think the highest I ever had my 08 (old work truck) was 35psi and that was unloaded flogging the poo out of it..

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC I think the highest I ever had my 08 (old work truck) was 35psi and that was unloaded flogging the poo out of it..
I see. And that was according to the factory gage?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thats about all I get, loaded or not just barly over 30#'s, seems to low, I plan on putting my own gauges on someday maybee the stock gauges are off.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Mine would not go over 30lbs stock either...after the DPF delete, and tuner, I see 40 often, and have seen over 50 towing up a hill.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine would not go over 30lbs stock either...after the DPF delete, and tuner, I see 40 often, and have seen over 50 towing up a hill.
Way to make me feel not part of the club. :hehe:

I figured you guys without DPFs would be seeing higher numbers.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
At one time I thought i saw 40 but I'm sure I was mistaken. I do see 36 from time to time towing but it's not highest when it's wound up. Seems to be highest when it's loaded down in high gear or just after an up shift. Normally it's around thirty.

It's capable of way more but the programming prevents it from going too high according to IAT and I imagine ECT as well. And there's probably a limit factored in somewhere. Manual transmission is always capable of producing more boost.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
im usually between 36 to 40 on my truck but mines a 6spd

·
Registered
387 Posts
Highest I saw while stock was 42 psi, and that was towing about 12k. With the DPF and Cat off I've gotten 52 psi empty :icon_ford:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Twin TurboStroker I am suprised you remember How to spell stock let alone what it was like!!!!!J.K. thats a big difference yall are getting...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine's a dpf delete with Airraid intake. Stock tune profile with the dpf delete from SCT. I saw almost 40 several times this weekend pulling a 25' boat (heavy sum*****!).

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
over 50 psi of boost!?! DANG. Twins rule. I can't wait to tell that to my buddy who has a ricer that max's at 10 psi LOL! That's crazy.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Pulling a 9600 LB 5er I see 35 to 40 pulling a hill.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts