Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys with this combo, how much boost are you guys seeing at WOT?

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Sup Earl lol, I see anywhere from 20-30psi Ive seen more, but the efficient part of the turbo for more power is between 20-30psi of boost. It definitly can see more without a doubt most Ive gotten was 35psi I believe hard to watch gauges when your rolling at 100mph on the interstate lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got the CTS reading boost, so now I know what I'm looking at. Boost is maxing out at 22#'s for me with Matt's SRL+ Tune...is that a function of the stock stix? normal?

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
My opinion yes, if we break it out probably moving less boost because its moving more air at a lower boost now compare to the stock turbo, my idea behind it is that The boost you build on a stock turbo lets say 30psi is moving a certain amount of air, now the powermax boost at a lower boost but moves the same amount of air but at a lower boost. Does that make sense lol things are soo much easier in my head :crazy: then typing. You can also touch base with Matt about your tuning if want.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have seen upwards of 30psi ( I am pretty sure I have a leaky uppipe or positive air shut off), I am fairly close to the combo you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
11,025 Posts
Seeing 30 PSI if I let it get there. Blew loose the Banks turbo hose yesterday hitting north of 30 PSI so off to the dealership for a OEM replacement hose. I'll be going back to an OEM hot side pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts