Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Egts on 80 daily driver get close to 1200, 120 race goes to 1300 (ive only pushed it that far once, too scared to do it again)... Boost leak problem or something else?
Mods- 6637 intake
5in mbrp
dp-tuner tunes

Thanks in advance :icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
what year truck? I just replaced my turbo, gaskets etc. and I can peg 1600* EGTs. Sounds normal to me. How much boost are you reading?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a '99. And im runnin about 24~25 psi. Max 26. Where do you have youre pyro sensor located at? At the down pipe or in the manifold?

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
those are pretty normal, if you hold it to the floor its gonna get hot. what do you expect

·
Banned
206 Posts
Those are not normal. Unless you are WOT. In 80hp tunes you should be seeing 400-1000 around town if you are using the throttle responsibly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok just makin sure. And yes, trey you are right. that is what i see driving normally. But WOT i thought 1300 was high. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Thanks all for all answers!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
1300 could potentially be high, it really all depends on how long you are wide open throttle before it gets that hot. I mean, if it jumps up in a couple seconds that is definitely not normal. If it slowly creeps up to that, it's pretty normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts