Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my guages tonite and my boost is not working. I'm not convenced that the gauge isn't bad yet. But just to check where is the best place to splice in for the boost?

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
ok when checking the boost did you drive it or just sitting in park push the pedal down? cause i didnt get much reading just sitting in park and pressing the pedal.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drove it. And got on it

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
hmm.. i truly dont know the best splice place for the OBS. until someone else comes along all i can say is recheck the connections and make sure everything is tight. sorry your having trouble with it

·
Registered
64 Posts
I spliced into the MAP line for my boost gauge. Also to check your gauge you could take an air hose and turn the air pressure down and then blow some air into your boost line to see if it moves the gauge.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
yeah defnitely splice into the MAP sensor line, and mine wasn't working for a while either until I found a kink in the line going to the boost guage, so I would splice into that and check the hose for any kinks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok call me stupid . lol But where exactly is the line I need to splice into at? draw me a picture. lol There is a line that I wanted to splice into but I will need more hose to get to it, And keep the line safe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks giuys

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Its a smaller silicone hose that runs from just under the turbo to the map sensor mounted on the passenger side of the firewall. Its a small diameter hose that kind of stands alone. Ill see if I can find a photo, I only knew which one it was becuase my gauge came with a picture illustrating where the map sensor line was

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I got it hooked up right, and it's working now. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts