Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday i helped a fellow Member/friend install some gauges, he has the Autometer Pro-comp ultra lites. the kit he has said to tap into the MAP sensor line. we did that and now he has some serious flutter in the gauge. is this normal??? i had heard that there should be some minimal flutter with that setup, but i guess it is way bad from what he said. i think he is a little disappointed with the flutter. Anyway, i have mine tapped into my intake elbow and have no flutter at all. if you have gauges and have it tapped in the MAP line, how muh flutter do you get???

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
I just had my gauges put on and the guys at 4 Wheel Parts advised me not to do the tapping in the MAP sensor line. I didn't ask why, they did say you get a better reading tapping into the intake elbow, so I went that route too.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
What year is his truck? We tapped into the MAP line on my 03 6.0 and I get flutter too...I just figured it was normal.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
When I first put in my gauges I had it in the MAP line. The flutter of the needle drove me crazy, so I went and tapped the intake elbow like most people on here. No problem since.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
his is an 05, im pretty sure we are gonna tap into the elbow now.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Mine is in the map line but I have digital and no flutter. How would I go about putting it in the intake elbow? I'm gonna have a pre-tapped accufab coming my way soon so I'd like to do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts