Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am installing my gauges and i was wondering where do i put the thing for the boost gauge? The other ones i think i understand and will have going good

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well if your talking about the "T" for the vacuum line. It needs to be tee'd into the hose going to the map sensor.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Or you can drill/tap the intake spyder or do the AIH delete and drill/tap a bolt that sits in there.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant find the hose to plug it into, there is only one gray hose on the top of the passenger side valve cover?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did you find the map sensor? I hose goes in the bottom of the sensor.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it looks like I am missing the Ferrule? and the compression nut for on the back of my boost gauge.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
By the way which truck is this gauge going on?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Is your line plastic or rubber? My gauges have a clear rubber hose that slips on a barb fitting.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is going in my 05 6.0 I dont have the 7.3 any more, i should delete it from my sig but I miss it haha

Thank you guys for putting up with this.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a clear plastic line, it has one rubber grommet that slides onto the T, and it has the T and one brass fitting that is the "adapter" for onto the gauge and thats all i have for it They are the autometer ultra lites

·
Registered
212 Posts
Like you stated, you need nut and furrel to connect it to the gauge. But you need to find the map sensor line to T into. Vitalidle posted a pic of where it is located.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The pic vitadel posted up is in a 7.3 The same line on my truck goes from that mounting point straight down into a intake runner?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
The pic vitadel posted up is in a 7.3 The same line on my truck goes from that mounting point straight down into a intake runner?
I drill and tap the intake elbow for my buddies...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok well the gauges are all in, the boost gauge is not currently hooked up at all because i didn't get all of my pieces in the kit apparently. So what will I need to just tap it into the intake elbow? Does anyone have a picture of this or think they could get one for me by tomorrow around 2 ish haha.

Thank You guys so much for the quick help though i really appreciate it.

As a side note it took me less time to swap turbo's on my 7.3 than it did to do this.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I would assume that it is a 1/8" plastic line. So you will need to hit the parts store to get yourself an 1/8" NPT compression fitting. Depending where you drill the hole in the intake elbow, you will would probably need an elbow fitting. Make sure you grab a few extra crush sleeve. They are easy to loose and if you over tighten the fitting. Will need some smaller drill bits, but end up at 21/32 size for the fitting

This is where I drilled my intake elbow. It was a little too low and had some problems getting it past the EGR valve, so I would say drill it about 1 1/2" higher.

Elbow finally back on(pain in the butt to get it back into the intercooler tube). As you can see it sits right in front of the erg valve, which was quite a tight fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts