Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to run a boost fooler since I have a DP tuner or has Jody already programed that into my chip?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I personaly thought u don't have to have any type of boost fooler with a chip...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Call Jody and ask him. I am only getting 21lbs of boost on my truck , wish I hadn't bought one till after I ran the truck to see if it would set an overboost code. Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Yes you do... Unless you ordered the "no codes tunes"

Most of the tuners out there now remap the map sensor to read how it should, rather then turn the code off or hide it...

·
Registered
50 Posts
i just went through this i have 01 7.3 with f5 chip, 38r turbo and the "no codes tune". the truck still defuels at 23lbs. i have a fooler on the way

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what the description said,

"No Code" Tunes- FREE and automatically assumed unless you advise otherwise
- Same as the normal tune but with 3 SES codes, P1211(icp<>desired, P1249(Overboost) P0478(Exhaust back pressure) turned off under normal driving conditions. This does NOT disable the SES light from coming on for any other operation or code.

But It seems pretty easy to make a fooler, so I guess I found my weekend project :wink[3]: . Any tips?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i bought the fooler from itp & still get codes & defueling with a bullydog.dont know if i need to adjust it or if it just don't work right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts