Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does it work, what does it do?? and lastly does it affect your MPGS ??

i keep on hearing about people installing boost fooler but never really talk about them

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
a boost fooler is a mechanism you install in your map line to fool the sensor into thinking you are only getting a certain psi, so when your hogging on it your truck doesnt realize its getting too much boost and defuel. so yeah it affects your mpgs because you will be sticking the skinny pedal to make it useful

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a boost fooler is a mechanism you install in your map line to fool the sensor into thinking you are only getting a certain psi, so when your hogging on it your truck doesnt realize its getting too much boost and defuel. so yeah it affects your mpgs because you will be sticking the skinny pedal to make it useful
Thanks for the Info.. just so i can be clear, the boost fooler would only take into affect when youre on the pedal?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes and no. If your on the skinny petal hard and you have the fooler set to say 22 psi (if your using a regulated pressure fooler and not an electronic) it would only take effect if your putting out more boost than 22 psi. If your boost never gets to 22 psi, it isn't doing anything

·
Registered
88 Posts
OH wait, yeah it only works if your on the pedal. DUH to myself

·
Registered
88 Posts
One more thing. I just bought a mini pressure regulator at Lowes for $15 if you want to make your own.

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
X2 also made mine from home depot, about $20 or so.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I got mine from ITP diesel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts