Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the symptoms, when the boost reaches 18 psi it completely drops out to zero and then only comes back to about 8 psi. It feels like all of my boost just disappears, but I still have all of the fuel. It also smokes like nobody's business when this occurs, I am guess because of the lack of air. Any idea what is wrong with my truck! :doh: Thanks in advance fellas. Let me know if you need more info to help me.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
sounds like a wastegate malfunction?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly that's what it feels like, and thats what I thought but I figured I would see what you all thought. It feels like maybe I have a broken internal component that works occasionally and then sometimes gives away, maybe the spring.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still loosing my boost around 20psi even with the waste gate wired shut. Here is the symptoms again, the truck spools up to 20psi and as soon as it reaches that the boost drops back down to 10 and then slowly crawls back up to 20 and repeats. It also makes a choppy shutter noise on the drivers side and I can feel a vibration when it happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts