Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
i have some sort of boost controller on my e99 F250. I bough the truck from a girl who inherited it from her dad who passed away. She had no idea what it did, other than the fact that it made the turbo really spool up when she put it on option 6. Here are some pics of the unit, and where it goes in to the computer.

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
It looks like the switch to turn different levels of tune on, I thought the boost fooler hooked into the wiring harness?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Thats what the knob for my ts 6 way chip looks like.
Yep.. that's a TS style 6 pos chip. No telling who's or what tunes are on it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Start the truck with the knob all the way to the left. Then while it is running turn it one click at a time to the right. You should notice and change in the engine and you go through the positions.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Without knowledge of what each tune is, and boost/egt gauges, it's hard to say whats what (or how safe they are)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The truck seems to run best on options 5 and 6. If I use the other ones, when driving down the road and with my foot off the gas pedal, the engine seems to just quiet down, and then about 3 or 4 seconds later, the idle comes back up. Options 5 and 6 don't have that problem, whenever i let off the gas, the idle sound is right there. Is there any issues with that, maybe I should be using the lower ones? And if I use option 6, good god, the turbo just comes to life like I have never felt before, so I only used that one to go up a steep hill that i wasn't prepared for.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Like I said.. no gauges, no telling how long the motor will last.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah without gauges you are asking for trouble. You can pull the chip and send it to TS and they can read the tunes and tell you whats on it. It will cost you like 20$ but its a cheap piece of mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts