Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm a new 99 Ford F250 EXT SD owner, and I love it. I bought it last month, spotless truck. It has the 7.3. I intend to plow snow with it, and I'd like to lift the truck up a bit. I'm considering the Rough Country 2.5 Shackle Lift, and possibly including an "add-a-leaf". I dont want to get into a bunch of steering issues or jeapordize the ride, just enough height to make it look a little better. I'd also like to add a extra leaf in the rear to assist with hauling a heavy load.
Anyone have experience that they'll share about this?

Thanks,
Woody

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I would check out the rough country 2.5" leveling kit. It comes with a whole new spring pack, long leafs, and new shocks, and U bolts. Made my truck ride a lot better. The truck in the sig has the leveling kit on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw your truck yesterday, and thats what has me wanting to work on mine. I really like the stance on yours. Looks great. Mine is the same, color and everything, except a 99.
So you'd go with an entire new spring pack in front, instead of the shackle lift. Makes sense due to the extra load I'll put on it with the plow. I really hate to plow with this truck though, its too nice!!!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Thats what I would do. I know some people who run shackles and have no problems with them. But with the 99 having spring on it ten years old, I would go ahead and do the whole spring pack.

I am considering putting shackles on my truck along with the new spring pack but I wont have a heavy plow on the front.

There will probably be some people on before to long with some more suggestions

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where would I get the best deal on the 2.5 Rough County leveling kit?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I got mine from Top Gun Customz. I don't know if they carry is still or what. Might could find a vendor that has it also.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mine's an 04 and all i did was add a leaf up front. That gave me enough load carrying capacity and the ride ain't that bad. Well when iput the air bags in the rear and have them @ 100 psi, t he ride sucks!!!! But the add a leaf up front, i can have a 9' 2" Boss V-blade on and have 6" ground clearance from the edge of the blade in the v position. That plow also weighs in @ 943lbs. There's even more clearance when i have my 8' 2" Boss power v XT on it and it ain't much lighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts