Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 06 F350 with no front tow hooks. I bought the hooks on ebay, but now I need the bolts. Can I use grade 8 right out of Lowe's? Would it be best to head to the dealership to buy bolts? (I can't imagine that would be my best move...) Does anyone know off hand, or know where I can find the size, length, threads of the bolts?

Also,
It seems like everywhere I dig around in this truck, someone has been there before. Dash screws are missing, the red passenger door saftey reflector is missing (along with another screw), the freakin' jack is not there (as well as the extensions that go with it). Where can i find this stuff??? :dunno:

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
I agree grade 8 all the way...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an FYI... Lowe's didn't have exactly what I needed, so I gave the dealership a try. 12 bucks a piece times 6 bolts = $72.

I told the guy that somewhere in the state, there is a lonely 03 - 07 Superduty sitting in a junk yard that wants to give me it's bolts.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
i would definately try the local wrecking yard.

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
i think i have a spare set that i would be willing to send to you just pay for shipping costs

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
That's nuts that they want that much for the bolts!!

I bought my chrome towhooks from the dealer and they were almost that same price. I guess I was lucky that I did not need bolts because I had my stock ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts