Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally looking at a '96 F-250 for a decent price. Looks good, downside is there's a little rust on one of the extended cab corners. Seller is including a spare corner with the sale. If I brushed and sanded down the corner on the truck and primered the new corner, what do y'all think I'm looking at to get the new corner welded on and painted?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Your best bet is to ask a local body shop - there's too many variables to give a realistic guess over the Internet without pictures. Also keep in mind with your intentions, you'd have to pay to have it welded, then take it home and primer it, then take it back to pay for paint.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Finally looking at a '96 F-250 for a decent price. Looks good, downside is there's a little rust on one of the extended cab corners. Seller is including a spare corner with the sale. If I brushed and sanded down the corner on the truck and primered the new corner, what do y'all think I'm looking at to get the new corner welded on and painted?
dont primer it before you take it in to get it welded they wont like that/you :D

It would cost you more to have it done than to buy a GOOD welder and google how to weld, practice on some scrap metal, get confidence, and weld it up yourself... Probably in the same time it would take to have a body shop do it and charge you 9x's the amount.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You finnaly found a truck. Any pics? is for sale in ct?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Brenden, here's the link: 1996 f250 powerstroke Got more pics on my phone and it's fairly clean and stock. Hate that flatbed though. Hope to check it out soon.

Bart and SEVEN THREE, I'll go ask my friend's neighbor if he can do it cheap maybe. He works at a local body shop and has all his own stuff. I'm nowhere near confident enough yet or have the time right now to get a welder and work on my own vehicle :taze: It's something I want to do eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts