Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for some knowledge and advice. I have an eye on a 97 f350 powerstroke regular cab, but the body is rusted to bits. There is also a gas 96 f250 that has a decent body but engine is basically shot. Is it possible to switch the body with a gas 96 f250 body?
How hard would it be? How much am I looking at assuming I'm doing all the labor?:|

Thanks! :grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I have an 97 f350 diesel 4x4 regular cab and a 96 f250 gas extended cab, I can just remove lift and assemble?
Will I need to buy anything major to make the swap work?

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Different cab sizes is a complete game-changer. You wouldn't be able to put the extended cab directly on the RC frame. The frame dog-legs upward just aft of the cab. You could do it with a body lift. You'd obviously have to cut a custom-length bed. There are also wiring differences between the gasser and diesel cabs. Is the gasser truck a 4x4? What transmission is in each truck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Both trucks are 4x4 and automatic. Anything specific like model or such I would have to ask the seller.
So with a f350 regular cab power stroke, what would be my options with the body?
What about a 2wd gasser f350 crew cab diesel dually body?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts