Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an obs and ive heard some people tell me you cant do body lifts on big diesel trucks, but they make them for my truck. so can i actually do a body lift (btw i have big ranch hand bumpers)? and will i have a big stupid gap inbetween my bumper and body or is that just on jeeps?

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have a 96 rc 2wd and i wanted to get a leviling kit so my 33s dont rub so i tried locating one and they didnt make it >but i did find a bodylift and that wont do me any good cause the bumper witch rubs the tires will b in the same spot .....so from my knowledge i think u will have a gap "which looks like crap in my opinion'

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
personally i hate body lifts and would never touch one whether they make it or not. they look rediculous and i think they are useless unless you really need the room under the hood.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
it would be easier and more practical to put 2 inch adaleafs on all 4 corners on your truck. :thumb: my buddies one ton clears 35's with an addaleaf in the front.

and yes a body lift will give you that stupid gap between body and bumper.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have an obs and ive heard some people tell me you cant do body lifts on big diesel trucks, but they make them for my truck. so can i actually do a body lift (btw i have big ranch hand bumpers)? and will i have a big stupid gap inbetween my bumper and body or is that just on jeeps?
1) Yes, You can put a body lift on your truck. I have a 3" one on mine.

That is with 38's and custom (not finished front bumper), also 4" Superlift lift also.

That was also before my Dana 60 Conversion and 5" RSK with SD Springs.

2) Yes, You will have a Gap, but they normally include some of the brackets to fix that gap, the problem is that these are for the STOCK bumpers and probably won't work with Ranch Hands. I am sure you can allways custom make a mount for them ;)

If you have any other questions bout it, let me know :thumb:

·
Registered
353 Posts
That is with 38's and custom (not finished front bumper), also 4" Superlift lift also.
Hey Kev....are you implying that one day the bumper will look different than the pic?!?! :doh:

:rofl:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for settin me straight i was just lookin at multiple ways to get inexpensive lift but i think im gonna go with the rough country 2'' addaleafs leveling kit for $90 seems like you cant lose on that deal. btw does anyone have any objections to the 2'' addaleafs system?

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Hey TX,
Keep us posted on how those addaleafs work out and how the install goes. Be sure to get some before and after pics.
Craig

·
Registered
353 Posts
Add-a-leaf will do the truck...just be prepared, its gonna stiffen up the ride a bit

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
my buddies one tone rode nice with the adaleafs. it cleared 35's but he had to trim his bumper corners a little. I dont know if you would need to with the ranch hand or not. you can also space the bumper out an inch or 2 for steering clearance.

also if you want to lift the rear end up 2 inches for near free you can do a shackle flip like I did on my truck. I have a write up in the tech files on how to do it.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey could you put up a link to that tech file? i was also interested in the reverse shackle mod

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts