Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am trying to do my blue spring and having trouble ive searched on here for awhile and cant find the post that has the pictures please help!!!!!!:tard:

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Follow this link.. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed but you will get the idea

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got er done now we'll see how she acts

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have this kit awaiting install, whenever it stops raining in the pacnw. Hoping to see some improvement, but not counting on it. Got it more as preventive maintenance.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
May as well get a fuel psi gauge while you're in there. Of course that's going to require a metric to NPT adapter, sorry, forgot which one :tard: I have an Auto Meter Sport Comp on mine. the connector is compact and weather proof.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Did any years of the 6.0 come with the "Blue Spring"??

·
Premium Member
11,119 Posts
The updated blue spring should have been out after the last production year of the 6.0L for trucks. If you aren't sure then expect to get one, it's cheap.

The gain is preventing fuel from bypassing the regulator. Since the spring requires 60-65 PSI (??) for fuel to bypass it keeps the injectors happy. This is not saying the blue spring "cures" any fuel supply issues. I for one will recommend upgrading the fuel system on these trucks. The injectors need a good clean steady supply of fuel to be happy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The updated blue spring should have been out after the last production year of the 6.0L for trucks. If you aren't sure then expect to get one, it's cheap.

The gain is preventing fuel from bypassing the regulator. Since the spring requires 60-65 PSI (??) for fuel to bypass it keeps the injectors happy. This is not saying the blue spring "cures" any fuel supply issues. I for one will recommend upgrading the fuel system on these trucks. The injectors need a good clean steady supply of fuel to be happy.
Thanks! Just ordered one from the dealer.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
U can call me directly I do these all the time

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in a cold weather area and have never even had to plug in my truck. It started fine even at 20 below. This year however if it gets below freezing I have to plug it in or it won't start. Do you think this Blue spring kit will help or am I looking for something else?
Also will it help the fuel milage? I only get about 12 on a good day.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Mine made no difference in startups and had zero effect on fuel economy.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I live in a cold weather area and have never even had to plug in my truck. It started fine even at 20 below. This year however if it gets below freezing I have to plug it in or it won't start. Do you think this Blue spring kit will help or am I looking for something else?
Also will it help the fuel milage? I only get about 12 on a good day.
Have you changed oil types?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Right now I am running Amsoil Synthetic 15W40
Before that I don't know what it was. Whatever the dealer put in. Same milage then and now. I just found out my FiCM is bad maybe fixing that will help.
Also do I really need the kit with cover or will the kit without the cover work. Its about a $25 dif on riffraff

·
Registered
21 Posts
I installed the kit two days ago. Went through every thread I could find on instructions, including the ones posted here. Still vague and confusing with regard to the o-rings. Seems like there is a lot of debate about the blue/green one. Also, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what to do with that black sleeve until I figured it must be for some other setup and I left it in the bag.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts