Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 6.4 with a 4" mbrp turbo back exhaust with a sct tuner and sometimes i stack my ts perforformance turn knob on top of the sct. Lately i have been noticing some blue smoke at idle not much though but it gets worse when i get on it, mixed with a little white and black. I know what all the smoke represents blue-oil, white-turbo, black-burnt fuel. Idc about the black but the blue is concerning me. Any ideas???

·
Registered
994 Posts
Could be many things. Gaskets head studds bad compression bad piston seal or o ring. The list goes on.

I know u don't wanna hear it but I would first recommend buying h&s or spartan. Then run diagnostic codes.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The sct runs diag codes does it not? No need to spend a grand for the codes when the sct will do it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i really want a h&s anyways but igotta sell the 2 i have first. Have yall heard any problems with the oil cooled turbos on these trucks? I have a feelin it could be in the turbo. It also doesnt shift as good and quick either as it use to.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi, I found that my 06 smokes blue when starting (200,000 kms on it), and took off the turbo hoses to find oil residue in them all. I blame the turbo leaking oil for the smoke now. I have a MTW, Stage 1 turbo going in very soon.

you might want to check inside your turbo hoses to see if you have oil sitting in there.

Hope that helps. Good luck with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts