Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, im new to this site and i was wondering if i could have your imput on a problem. my truck blows straight blue smoke. its not the ficm bec i just replaced it in july. i also replace the turbo Y pipe. any thoughts? i have a 04 350. Thanks yall. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Does it go away after it warms up? Does it get worse after it warms up? Or does it just remain the same, constantly?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, blue smoke means burning oil. Constant means that it's not getting worse as the oil warms up and thins out. It also means it's not going away as it warms up and seals seal better.

Could be something to do with an injector leaking oil, a piston ring somewhere, or any of the other places where oil could get into the combustion path. I'd pop open your intake and look in there, see if it's full of oil, if so, it could be coming from the turbo, if there's none in the intake, it would have to be coming in somewhere in the cylinder itself or possibly on the exhaust side of the turbo...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats kinda what i was thinking. there aint no oil in the turbo bec i just cleaned it. possible it could be a injector spool? (stuck open or closed)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Maybe... You might want to try some high quality fuel additives, and some rev-x in your oil to clean up the varnishing that non-synthetic oil can cause. See if that helps any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts