Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2004 F250 SD 6.0
52 Posts
Quoting a friend here so, give me some grace. I’ll clean it up a bit: “we have a 6.4 in our family. I would gladly lose the hair on my _ while taking a __ on the burning remains of that truck”.

I’m going to say I know very little about that power plant but do know a couple of other people who’ve made them reliable; one in particular with over 300k miles on the original engine. Maybe he has the secret sauce… He’s a confident, cocky [email protected]@rd with a middle finger sticker on his back window. Pulls up to stoplights with windows down blasting Def Leppard. Pulls a heavy fifth wheel behind it a lot and tows it everywhere. Think Tiger King with a 6.4.

It’s possible Def Leppard is in my iTunes library too. Doesn’t make my truck run any better though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
They like to brag and smoke out protesters but they instantly slow down and go into B mode when they get outran in a 6.4, It's been 3 cummins in the last week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
keep us posted on the whole process please
i was wowed by shiny stuff on the website, they took my $$, and will be sending me a motor very soon 😂😂😅 Hopefully all the goodies that get bolted onto it last as long as the longblock should

i dont want to clutter up this Fummins thread with too much info on a badass 6.4 build that could deter some potential swapper from building a bastard child

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having had a 6.4 'pop' in my 08 KR I never would've considered a Fumblins swap ! My fabricator did his and it was uphill both ways barefoot in the snow. $3400 for the wiring harness and relay to adapt the 5.9 to all his Ford relays and gauges and instrumentation. No thanx ! The 5.9 I have in my dump truck has been a PITA since purchased. If it weren't for the Power Driven Diesel 400hp kit it'd have been dead long ago. UCF in Carlisle, PA will build you a 6.4 that's again a powerhouse and make it dependable. It's alot of fun to pass an empty 5.9 that's matted with a 6.4 in overdrive pulling a 17k trailer and EGT's @ 800 mark.

·
Administrator
24,017 Posts
the difference is paying for it and doing it yourself.

If you buy everything the sky is the limit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Understood GD but I spent $13,600 on the motor build. Stephen spent $10k on the Fumblins swap and because it wasn't plug & play lost 2 months of nights and weekends. He's a diesel mechanic by trade and still it wasn't the outcome he was looking for.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts