Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 powerstroke that i recently rebuilt the engine in. I put stage one injectors, upgraded turbo and studed the heads while i was at it. It already had a 140plus tuner, stage 3 water/meth injection, k&n air intake assembly and 5 inch exhaust as well as a banks intercooler. i have no idea the horsepower its putting out but i have seen over 40 psi on the boost gauge. I have the stock silicone-on style intake manifolds. Ive put 12,000 miles on it and they are blown again( they were blown when i rebuilt the engine). Ive been searching online for some heavy-duty aftermarket manifolds with zero success. I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice on solving my problem. Thanks, Thomas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gaskets

What are you reffering to as blown intakes maifolds?? do you have pictures?
The silicone gasket is what is blowing. I even bought the special silicone in a caulking tube from ford and the problem persists. any thoughts? thanks, thomas

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I'll assume you thoroughly cleaned the surfaces of both the heads and manifolds before applying the sealant. Here's what I have on the sealants:

Sealant (Wacker)
Intake Plenums: Motorcraft TA-30 (used to be Ford part F7AZ-19554-EA)
Everything else (oil pan, etc): Motorcraft TA-31 (used to be Ford part F5TZ-19G204-AB)

I'm guessing that maybe you have the 8-bolt manifolds vice the later 10-bolts? Maybe you need to add a "bridge" on top of the manifold to help stiffen them up (at least across where the 2 additional bolts are on the later versions ... is that where they are blowing?). There are billet manifolds out there, but I'll guess that they would be the later 10-bolt models and would need to have the extra 2 sealed up.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Thats odd. There are trucks making way more power than you without issues. Maybe your plenums are warped?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts