Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has an 06 6.0 auto F350 DRW short box single cab. had EGR system replaced about a month ago and then head gaskets blew. ford house sent heads off and they are both cracked. since its out of warranty i told him outta mod it out, prolly cheaper than dealer prices for oem parts anyhow.

what all should he do? besides studs & EGR delete, injectors?

needs the word PDQ so he can get 'er done, truck is on the rack at ford house.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
My buddy has an 06 6.0 auto F350 DRW short box single cab. had EGR system replaced about a month ago and then head gaskets blew. ford house sent heads off and they are both cracked. since its out of warranty i told him outta mod it out, prolly cheaper than dealer prices for oem parts anyhow.

what all should he do? besides studs & EGR delete, injectors?

needs the word PDQ so he can get 'er done, truck is on the rack at ford house.
That must be one funny looking custom truck. Best route to go is buy new heads with a warranty.

·
Registered
597 Posts
at a minimum you'll need new heads so I would go ahead and have the ford place put on heads, EGR Delete, Studs, regulated return lines, and replace the STC fitting with new, updated piece. While they are in there, have them make sure the turbo has the the latest oil drain tube. After that, then it depends on what you want. SCT tuner, and good exhaust are a minimum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts