Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2007, 6.0, ARP studs, EGR delete. Last weekend i installed the sinister diesel coolant filter kit and billet oil filter cap. Yesterday i drove it from from South Carolina to Maryland towing about 6,000 lbs and about and hour away from my destination it started the "tea kettle" whistle. My standalone gauges weren't showing abnormalities, EOT was 200-220 and ECT was 190-210. I wasn't losing coolant anywhere that I saw. I made it to Maryland last night. This morning I move my truck to the driveway and shut it off. 10 minutes later I notice a puddle of coolant under the driver side door and I can't see exactly where it's leaking from. I started it up to see if it got worse. The only thing I noticed is when I turned the high idle on, the tea kettle noise got louder and there was some coolant residue coming out of the exhaust (small amount on ground and barely visible white smoke). The coolant dripping didn't get faster or slower. It's about 1 drop every 4ish seconds. My thinking is it's a head gasket, but it's studded. Any input on where to go with this is greatly appreciated.

-Loagan

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
can you get a jar and catch some of the coolant coming out the exhaust as it could be compensation from the weather.the coolant on the driver's side door could be from just the cap being bad.i would replace the cap first as it is the easiest fix.

then i would do the head gasket test.you can t off on the nipple coming out of the top of the radiator and the other line going to degas bottle.put a gauge on the end of the line and run the hose under a wiper so that you can visually see the gauge.you need to do this going up a nice steep hill is best.

if the gauge shows anything over 18 or so then your head gaskets are on there way out.if the gauge climbs rapidly and goes over 18 then you need to address the problem.but if the gauge is steady and stays under 16 is what the spec is but if it's 18 and no more i'm going to say your good.but it could be a gauge in those extra psi readings causing the in correct readings.

bill at power stroke help has a video showing what i just explained be sure to check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts