·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
union596
Powerstroke.org Rookie
union596s Gallery Hall

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I purchased a new 2011 F-350 6.7 in October and had high hopes for this truck.
• Issues with automatic shifting/ Ford reset Computer
• Whole DEF system has failed/ Ford replaced
• Rear bumper showed signs of rusting/ Ford replaced
• Now with 11K blew a Fuel injector out of the head/2 weeks ago
 5 Hours for roadside assistance to arrive
 Dealer ship said that the Head gasket is Back Ordered
 Assembly line at Ford is due to release 10 gaskets to their dealers
 Problem is the dealership I bought the truck from said they # 350 on the list to receive one.
 I should also report they had to remove the CAB to do this work
 Tech said that Fords looking into a possible retainer clip issue on the injectors
 Needless to say not real happy
Has anyone else had an issue

·
Registered
9 Posts

That stinks. Thats why its best too wait 2years when they release something new or of a new design..... This gives the dealerships and factory time to work the kinks out, and find the "weak" links...... But, i would still be disappointed when you spend $50,000 on a truck thats been in a shop more than its been driven..... Gives you a real bad feeling!!

1,023 Posts
Im reading on fords forums that us techs can post on. In california and out west areas there are over 40 trucks reported having the injector pop out of the heads. Some even report entire engines being replaced. Not saying for what though. Ive seen the uppipes to the turbos crack and replaced 1 failed turbo.

And yes parts on these are on back order even if our parts guys emergency order them they wont get them. I had a construction company beat the death out of their 6.7 and so far theyve managed to blow the left axle joint apart. So badly we had to order an entire axle assembly and seals from the assembly line. 2 weeks later they did the transfer case in. Looked like a bomb went off in there. another 3 week wait for parts to arrive. then 2 days after the new transfer case was in it they came back livid complaining thier 4 wheel drive wasnt working again. They nuked thier right front axle joint to such a degree we had to replace the whole knuckle and axle. Leave it in 4 wheel auto and get it stuck in mud and keep wrecking the truck.

The cab DOES have to come off dude, ford likes to pack 10 pounds of SH!T in a 1 pound bag. theres absolutley NO room in these. Theyre worse than the 6.4s by alot. These things are so new fords telling us to use "a suitable tool" to remove items on these engines. THey dont even have nearly the sst's available to repair these properly yet.

·
Registered
474 Posts
what don't ford give us some of these new trucks to test and we can work the bugs out of them. on there dime.....:icon_ford:

1,023 Posts
what don't ford give us some of these new trucks to test and we can work the bugs out of them. on there dime.....:icon_ford:
thats why they do "real world testing" on engine dynos. Nothing is "real world" about it. Run the engine at idle for x many hours, run engine at 1000 for x hours, 2500 for x hours 3500rpm for x hours and put various loads on the engine during the hours and that replicates driving... mmhmm... when they say a truck can pull 18k pounds 99% of the customers figure if it can pull 18k must be like normal driving then and floor it to get the vehicle+load up to speed...

Thats when SH!T breaks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
bad injector hold downs, they had to purge the supply and replace them,good ones have paint "x"s on them. i also had a plow truck blow the left front axle u-joint, had to replace the axle b/c they drove it after that and the axle shaft ground out the tube

1,023 Posts
bad injector hold downs, they had to purge the supply and replace them,good ones have paint "x"s on them. i also had a plow truck blow the left front axle u-joint, had to replace the axle b/c they drove it after that and the axle shaft ground out the tube
Im a chevy guy and yes i work at a ford dealer, BUT when i saw that 6.7 reg cab 8 ft bed with an 8 ft meyers plow come in on the hook for all the 4x4 repairs, it made me at first feel like these new motors are so bad @ss they break SH!T in 4x4! i just may get back into fords yet! at least diesels anyways... then i compared the axles and transfer case to older units... in my opinion, it all should be more stouter than how it is. Old under powered 7.3s had stouter axle shafts, axle joints, and transfer cases...

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Im a chevy guy and yes i work at a ford dealer, BUT when i saw that 6.7 reg cab 8 ft bed with an 8 ft meyers plow come in on the hook for all the 4x4 repairs, it made me at first feel like these new motors are so bad @ss they break SH!T in 4x4! i just may get back into fords yet! at least diesels anyways... then i compared the axles and transfer case to older units... in my opinion, it all should be more stouter than how it is. Old under powered 7.3s had stouter axle shafts, axle joints, and transfer cases...
Hey I like my underpower 7.3 you are talking about. Much simpler :poke just not as nice inside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with the truck! Hope you get it straightened out for good soo. Wondering if you had any symptoms before the injector blew? My 6.7 has an intermittant weird knocking noise now and then, not sure if a bad injector would do this. Seem to occur mostly when its under a load going up hill. Reminds me of a gas engine that pings when you put in cheap gas or the timing is off. Did it again yesterday, truck starts to shudder and if I give it more pedal, could hear the knocking noise coming from the top of the engine, gave it more pedal and it stopped.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know this is an old post but this just happened to my truck.
2011 f350 43k miles.
Injector in back on pass side popped out. The clamp fork was cracked and the bolt was loose. Not sure if it was bolt not being torqued properly or clamp the cause. I bought new clamp bolt ring and washer and fuel line section and repaired with same injector. It runs fine after bleeding but a couple times it took long to turn over, excessive cranking like it still had air.
Does anyone know the proper torque specs for the bolts and should loctite be used?
Also the original copper washer is nowhere to be found, scaring the crap outta me...
Thanks for any insight!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.