·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock speakers are shot in my 08 any suggestions for door speakers

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,898 Posts
I had some Pioneer 6x8s in my truck that were good cheap alternatives, and then just picked up some Infinity Kappas from another .org member and holy awesome they sound good. I am an audiophile, but I'm a cheap [email protected]@rd of an audiophile. I know you could go spend a ton on an awesome set of speakers and an amp and an entire system... but for the money and the sound quality Infinity has never done me wrong.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I did alot of research before buying a set of speakers and Infinity seemed like the best for the money. I haven't put them in yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went with jbl and love them but your head unit (radio) will have alot to do with the sound quality of any speakers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got them replaced yesterday. JL 570s in front and rear doors sounds great

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just did a replacement of all 4 with some pioneer speakers. Fronts not too bad but the back where kinda pain. Remove top seat belt bolt and it's doable. Much better sound so far.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Check into Focal, awesome speakers! Pricey, but badass!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone put two jl 13tw5s behind the back with the power back glass?

·
Registered
517 Posts
No subs yet for me but I don't have power window so I can't help you there.

Anyone have to do any modifications to the door panels at all to make aftermarket speakers fit?

Thanks!

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
No mods for door speakers if you get the correct size. For subs, I have one shallow mount 12" kicker with a kicker box. I could put two, but it doesn't need it. Make sure you use that cloth like material in the box to make for a better sound. Makes a HUGE difference, can't remember the name of that stuff

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks! And 6x8 is the proper size??? (Too lazy today to check but I can later)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
5x7 is the size. Think imma go with thin jl. Keep it all matchin lol

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Sounds good, let us know it turns out man

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do man

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
44, which infinity's did you get?

I also completely agree with ProJunk. Every time I've changed from factory head unit it even makes the stockers sound better (not good but better).

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Kappa series 693.9i , I got them for my Dodge (they are 6x9's and wont fit in our front doors), sadly they wont fit anywhere in the ford. Oh well. If you want a set to fit in the front door I think its the 682.9cf's. I always double check fitment on crutchfield.com

Im now looking at a set of JL c2-570x's for the front doors, only about $100 off ebay. They offer better ones but I'm no audiophile, nor do I want to spend much more. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Well I have the stock sub so I'm not too worried about that, I assume when they are marketed as 5x7/6x8 they are really just 5x7's. Oh well, I just got my JL c2's and holy crap is there a difference! the previous owner had put in a set of Sony xplodes, I didn't know how much difference there would be considering I just have a stock cd player head unit in it right now. But even with the H/U the difference is amazing. (My Kenwood DNX 9960 was stolen)

Now I need something for the back, One question though, why do my rear speakers have 2, 2 plug connectors? That's 4 plugs total on each speaker. How do I swap in a two prong aftermarket speaker?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Nevermind, I think they go to the tweeters in the rear doors.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I did JL Audio C3's in the fronts. Didn't waste time/effort with rears, you won't even hear them. JL Audio 13.5" shallow mount sub in a stealthbox. Not the cheapest option but you def get what you pay for!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts