Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know anything that I can do to get my truck to blow off more soot. It doesnt blow unless Ive got trailer on it and going up a big hill and getting on it. Any help would be appericated.

Thank you
Ashley
Terry farms

·
Registered
353 Posts
Is the truck stock? A chip will get you some black...Black smoke though is really the motor being inefficient though...Unburnt Fuel....Like $ out the tail pipe

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Edge chip on it. And I know that the smoke is a waste of money but I love to see the diesels blowing smoke when you get on them. Its just redneck cool. My truck is called the redneck truck by my friends and I like it to be redneck. I jsut think the smoke is cool and shows the power of the diesels.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
If you really want to blow smoke you are gonna have to upgrade your injectors, and I would suggest getting a custom tuned chip like a tony wildman chip. If the truck is stock you are gonna have to replace the flattened stock downpipe as well with a three inch downpipe and maybe a new system as well. If you are doing injectors though you are going to have to beef up your tranny and I would suggest some kind of intake as well. But really the only way to get an OBS truck is to install injectors and do the supporting mods. Oh and you will also need guages

·
Registered
318 Posts
Injector for a lot of smoke...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My down pipe has been changed from stock to a 4" with a 6" system. Id like to change my injectors. Ive found some on the internet pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
318 Posts
diy-injectors.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that there might be something wrong with my edge chip cause its not been right since my ECM went out so Im going to send it back to the makers and have them check it to make sure there is nothing wrong.

·
Registered
492 Posts
just fyi. im not sure edge is very good quality. i had one and it work alright but it would reset every once in a while and loose all the info. i called them about it and they said they would fix it if i sent it in but i sold the truck before i did. maybe it was just mine but i don't think i would get another one.

·
Registered
492 Posts
by the way, when it worked it would blow smoke right when you got on it but not as much as it could have. there was also a menu that allowed you to adjust the level of fuel. stock it is set at level 3 of 5 for stages 3 - 5 of the chip. if you set that to five it will smoke a little more. not sure if yours is the same. mine was a platimun on a 6.0.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ive got an edge and it is pretty awesome, not as good as a custom though...

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
so if he gets 130cc injectors (im pretty sure jim @ rosewood will do that) do u still have to beef the tranny?

there should be a significant amount with that size i think

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Yeah it would definitely be a good idea to beef up the tranny and jim @ Rosewood said he could do 130cc injectors when I talked to them. If I get the injectors before beefing up the tranny I will just be light on it until I get a torque converter and valve body. But you are right its definitely a good idea to upgrade the tranny

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
lol man you are gonna have a tough time being light on the throttle with the new squirters, better just wait and do it all @ once lol.

how much does a good torque converter and valve body cost? i'd like a ball-park number.

i'm tryin to save and do my injectors, but i'm only 15 with a weekend job, and i just wanna save up all of the money for the tranny beefing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts