Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had trouble with coolant filter lines ? Mine has blow. Off 3 times now where it goes from the heater hose to the filter that 3 way t with the crimped line.

·
Registered
2005 F350 Lariat Crew
643 Posts
I'd be more concerned about why it's blowing off. I've never heard about those lines blowing off. They only get like 15 percent of the coolant flow too so it's probably a failing dega cap or something silly like that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those crimped tee's have a history of problems

they should hold to well over say 30 psi in a cooling system

you should be able to use the existing hose just cut out the garbage they installed
The hose is just a little bit to short if I cut the end off. That’s for the reply’s ! I’ll report back with my pressure readings !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I have now found oil in my coolant degas bottle (you can see a little around the edge) truck runs good warm and cold and does not smoke at all. The oil cooler was replaced about 35xxx miles ago. What do you guys think ? Cracked head ? …. That’s what I’m leaning towards but I don’t have any symptoms besides oil in coolant

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check for coolant in the oil. If it's a cracked head, you'd definitely be getting both contaminations.
Is there anything else I can look for ? There’s no running rough cold or hot and there’s no smoke. Just enough oil in the coolant to notice and I keep blowing the same coolant filter like from the heater hose to filter block. That crimped 3 way fitting has failed 4 times and I have ran 3 different kits and this is my 4th filter

·
Premium Member
7,073 Posts
Is there anything else I can look for ? There’s no running rough cold or hot and there’s no smoke. Just enough oil in the coolant to notice and I keep blowing the same coolant filter like from the heater hose to filter block. That crimped 3 way fitting has failed 4 times and I have ran 3 different kits and this is my 4th filter
That a brass (or thin metal) sleeve crimped on the end of the hose? -- how about popping that off the hose and using a worm clamp - or spring clamp
Picture of the failed part would help.

Does the hose have tension on it? -- I mean cant have it in a bind

Reactions: Erkallan1

·
Premium Member
7,073 Posts
Can not see any coolant on the dipstick. Idk if I would find it with out draining
After the truck has sat at least over night -- loosen the oil drain plug (do not remove) to the last thread, just where it starts dripping oil
What do you see dripping out first? oil or water?

Anti freeze in the oil in small quantities will cause it to turn black prematurely -- to the point of staining your finger, so get some on your skin and wipe it off -- what do you see?
In larger quantity, the oil will emulsify

Reactions: mlgjellybean123

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That a brass (or thin metal) sleeve crimped on the end of the hose? -- how about popping that off the hose and using a worm clamp - or spring clamp
Picture of the failed part would help.

Does the hose have tension on it? -- I mean cant have it in a bind
That’s is what I ended up doing

·
Premium Member
7,073 Posts
Most of your air hoses use that style of crimp, and get along fine -- more like poor quality control, typical Sinister parts

1 - 20 of 48 Posts