Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Ford F-350 6.0 with 220k on it it’s bulletproofed for the most part without studs and ficm the truck isn’t chipped

My clutch fan went out so I replaced it had too take of the shrouds and the charge pipe from turbo too radiator. Put the fan in checked a couple times over making sure everything was in place properly I did forget too put the charge tube back in before I started it and put coolant back in the truck I realized that after 20 mins of it running put it back in and took the truck for a test drive and it’s blowing a lot of smoke I do still have the cat in it trucks acting completely normal not popping up any codes just blows a lot of smoke can someone help me thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe building more heat and burning off what's caught in the cat. Irrelevant I know but I had a Honda Civic do that to me once a few years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2006 Ford F-350 6.0 with 220k on it it’s bulletproofed for the most part without studs and ficm the truck isn’t chipped

My clutch fan went out so I replaced it had too take of the shrouds and the charge pipe from turbo too radiator. Put the fan in checked a couple times over making sure everything was in place properly I did forget too put the charge tube back in before I started it and put coolant back in the truck I realized that after 20 mins of it running put it back in and took the truck for a test drive and it’s blowing a lot of smoke I do still have the cat in it trucks acting completely normal not popping up any codes just blows a lot of smoke can someone help me thank you
Another thing I’ve noticed is it doesn’t do it while the truck is in park and I rev it only does it when I drive it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Double and triple check those charge pipes. I have one come off every now and then when I have to remove them to work on the 6literbeater. Have you lost a lot of power?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts