Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dead truck, died on the way to work, just like I had turned it off, and it won't fire back up. Not even a little. Thought it was the cps, so I changed it. Still won't fire up, but it sounds better. I realized that I didn't hear the glow plug relay click on, and no "wait to start" light, so I checked the fuses. The 30 amp on that curcuit was blown. I changed it and the new one blew. I checked the manual, and fuel line heater, glow plug controller and the powertrain control system relay coil are all on this amp. Any ideas as to which of these is giving me trouble? It's a manual transmission, don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
is there a wire grounding out ? i had a wire ground and it kept blowing my instrument cluster fuse about 5 of them before i found it ....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Try un pluging the fuel bowl heater. Most common short to ground on that circuit fuze.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree unplug the white plug on the back of the fuel/water seperator The fuel heater probably went bad. same thing happened to mine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out to look for the white plug, it was kinda dark out, and I couldn't find it. It's a '96 250, maybe it's in a different place?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry didn't know what year you owned. You should update your signature. i believe the white plug is only on the 1999.5 and up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts