Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The blower does not work on the first or second speed, third and fourth work fine. Anyone have any suggestions where to start looking before I tear into this thing?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I would start by checking the blower motor resistor. What you describe is a hallmark of a bad blower motor resistor. It could be a number of other things but I would definitely start there. Sorry I don't know off the top of my head where is it, usually under the passenger dash near the blower motor. Do a search and I'm sure you can find it. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Just had the exact same problem it was the resistor. Little bit of a tight area to replace but it took 20 min. Mine was the same 1 and 2 didn't work

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Take the glove box off and pull down the black cardboard like insulation so you can get one hand underneath. I believe it's 2 8mm bolts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info that sounds like a good place to start. I guess my next question is is this a dealer item or parts store?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
A parts store may have it but I got mine from ford. If it came with the truck they will have it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts