Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Ford F250, and I was wondering how to remove the blower motor resistor without removing the hole entire dash. I have already removed the blower motor but the resistor is kicking my butt. Please Please if anyone have any ideal to to this Please let me know as soon as possible.

Marty

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 Ford F250, and I was wondering how to remove the blower motor resistor without removing the hole entire dash. I have already removed the blower motor but the resistor is kicking my butt. Please Please if anyone have any ideal to to this Please let me know as soon as possible.

Marty
Any luck? Same year same problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any luck? Same year same problem.
No luck at all. I just replaced the blower motor and I re-seated the resistor back in its place. As of right now it’s working heat and cold but hopefully the resistor will stay keep working until the weather turns warm. I just know that there is no room where are the resistor is located at to get it out without removing the whole entire dash and the HVAC system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seen a guy relocate it to the front. Leaving old resistor in and just removing the harness. He did say he had to extend the wires. Don't know how long that would hold up though?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I seen a guy relocate it to the front. Leaving old resistor in and just removing the harness. He did say he had to extend the wires. Don't know how long that would hold up though?
I thought about relocating it to the front and leaving the Old one in the back. But like you said I don’t know how long that would hold up being the fact of it’s in front not next to the core. But as of right now everything is working good as in for heat and cold. So hopefully it will last for a while.

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
You have a resistor? figured your year would use the control module
both need the air flow to cool them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have a resistor? figured your year would use the control module
both need the air flow to cool them
Yes I do have a resistor it’s located in the back of the HVAC housing. Right now I just change the blower motor and it’s working good for the heat and cooling. Hopefully I won’t have any more problems with it but if I do just have to deal with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts