Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 f250 with 95000 miles. I purchased the truck brand new with 44 miles on her. Installed 4 inch exhaust afe intake and a sniper tuner(now i run the innovative street tune) at 12000 miles. Havent had a problem with the motor besides the icp sensor at 87000 miles went out. Never lost a ounce of coolent from the degas bottle. And i run her purty good dont beat on her but i have takin alot of dodges aND SOME Dmaxs. dont pull a trailer every day but pull a 32 foot boat on weekends and 4wheeler trailers to. It has a 8 inch lift with 38s on it. My buddys have told me to blow the heads before the 100000 miles and stud her with arps and black onyx gaskets, along with a egr delete which the dealer wont put on. But why should i blow my heads if i have had no problems with it yet? My fear is if i blow the heads and get studs that for some reason it will never run like it should or more problems will develope. Thats just what i think or should i say my luck. Let me know what ya think. Thanks

·
Registered
856 Posts
hey man your buddies are freaking idiots, DO NOT try to blow ur heads. doing this can possibly cause more damage than u know, if ur truck ever needs arps or an egr delete do it when u absolutely have to. if it has given u no problems then there is no need to even worry about it right now. just drive it man, oh and find some new friends.:thumb:

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
that is possibly the dumbest thing i have ever heard, plus yours is an 07 they took care of most of the bs by then.

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
IMO, going with the studs and gaskets now will help prevent problems in the future
same goes for the EGR delete kit, i cant believe that youve went this far without even having to replace or clean your EGR valve at all! You must have yourself a good one!

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
These threads are just flat out STUPID!!! I can't stand hearing people that are thinking of, or asking for ideas of how to interntionally blow the HG's :tard:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
So YOUR trying to blow your headgaskets so that SOMEONE ELSE has to pay for WHAT YOU did.......

Your friends win the dumbest thought of the year award!

Why not stud it now, before they blow? You can install ARPs one at a time starting from the middle and work outward and youll be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. My freinds ideas made no sence to me at all either. And yes it is wrong for making someone else pay for something they didnt do, and i would not do that. Wasnt raised that way! Just wanted to hear some of yalls thaughts on this dumb idea. I will run the truck untill she blows if she ever does, then i have studs and egr ready to go in.

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
:thumb:.......

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
So YOUR trying to blow your headgaskets so that SOMEONE ELSE has to pay for WHAT YOU did.......

Your friends win the dumbest thought of the year award!

Why not stud it now, before they blow? You can install ARPs one at a time starting from the middle and work outward and youll be fine.
^^^^^like he said, replace the studs now, and hopefully you wont ever have to even think about them again

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
i agree with all the comments above.... additionally brother, before you imagine the dealer giving you anything for free, have you asked them what they would do in that situation after seeing your truck..... my dealer wont help me with anything just cause i have a lift...ya,ya i know they should.... its tough to get them to do anything...also after 36k they avoid fixing anything, its liking pulling teeth under the 100k fine print........ good people on here are going to be turned off by the fact your truck has been great for you, and you want to get some free stuff???? we all want studs and want the dealer to do it... me too, but really?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I thought putting studs in one at a time was a big no no I would like to do it this way but.my truck has original bolts and gaskets and 167k

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
It IS a big no no to do it that way :badidea:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Exactly what I am doing right now, Just replaced HG, head bolts, EGR del, cooler del, tuner. Just got the call last night it is ready to pickup. Nothing was wrong other than repeated dirty egr valve. My Bro-In-Law is doing the work at his shop and his suggestion was since I had the money now, do it just to keep me from being left on the side of the road. Mine isnt an everyday driver, just pulls my RV 5th wheel on weekends.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Yeah, as everyone else says, don't purposefully blow anything up, and let someone else pick up the bill. Not cool.

Who knows, it looks like you've got a good one on your hands. My truck would be considered as one of the "bad" ones, but I still love it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts