Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had the intake tube off and there is a decent amount of blow by...then i check out the other side of the turbo and there is oil in there also???????:doh: :doh:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
prob just from your crank case breather.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
ya i did the crank case bypass mod and it dumps out into a catch bucket in the bottom of my air box. I usually have about a inch or two of oil accumulate in it every 3-4k. If your not using a ton of oil I wouldnt worry about it. unless your truck smokes (burnt oil, not coal) when you drive.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Your description isn't necessarily cause for alarm. There will be some blowby and it doesn't take much to accumulate in the intake piping over time. I agree with OregonStroker....if it isn't burning oil or low on compression, I don't think I would worry about it.
-Aaron

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im losing about half a quart every to weeks....its dumping coal not white smoke.....so i can just run it to a catch can like a gas engine

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If the blowby is smooth and even - that is just wear. If it is chugging - something broke. I use about a gallon every 3k miles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the blowby is smooth and even - that is just wear. If it is chugging - something broke. I use about a gallon every 3k miles.
yea thats about what i use....so it is normal?

the truck runs fine

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Normal? IDK

It is what mine does and it doesn't have any issues. I could probably lower it by plugging some leaks. But, I'm waiting for something to happen that will make me pull the engine first.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mine doesnt drip a bit of oil on the ground.....

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
mine leaks a tiny bit up by the turbo somewhere. not enough for me to go thru the trouble of taking all the crap apart. blow by out of the ccv is normal for a hi-compression motor. these run at 17-1 so a bit of blow by is ok. now if its pouring out thats no good. But my motor was re-manned by International and has about 30k on it and the blow by isnt too bad. it will accumulate around a 3rd to a 1/2 of a qt between my 3k oil changes in my drip pan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts