Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Missouri and it gets down to 0-10 degrees in the winter. i have a 2008 6.4 and i do not know if i have the block header cord or not yet, i havent looked. my previous truck was a 2000 7.3 and i plugged that in or it wouldnt start in the cold mornings. do i need to worry about plugging in this truck in these temperatures? ive heard the 6.4 isnt as tempermental as the 7.3. i have no problem doing it if yall think i should but i dont want to waste my time every morning/evening if it isnt worth it. thanks guys

·
Registered
585 Posts
I live in Missouri and it gets down to 0-10 degrees in the winter. i have a 2008 6.4 and i do not know if i have the block header cord or not yet, i havent looked. my previous truck was a 2000 7.3 and i plugged that in or it wouldnt start in the cold mornings. do i need to worry about plugging in this truck in these temperatures? ive heard the 6.4 isnt as tempermental as the 7.3. i have no problem doing it if yall think i should but i dont want to waste my time every morning/evening if it isnt worth it. thanks guys
Im in MO too......curious myself as I do have the cord.

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
I live in central MO and dont. Then again i have a good functioning GP system on my 7.3
started right up at -15 was kinda pizzy at first but it fired

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have mine on a timer to come on 3 hours before i leave in the morning. You dont need to but why not have your oil and coolant at 100 degrees on a cold morning. I think its just easier on the truck plus you will get heat quicker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts