Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 16 f250 the driver back blinker is hyper blinking. I upgraded to LED’s (yes I installed the resistor) over a year go. Yes I checked the blinker fluid as well. Hyper blinking started a few days ago. I swapped the LED back and forth between the left and right sides. They both work fine on the right. This leads me to believe it’s more then the LED’s. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
19,373 Posts
Load resistor came loose? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
"Yes I checked the blinker fluid as well"

The blinker fluid level is super important when using the LED replacement bulbs

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
Maybe the resistor burn thru?? I know they will get hot when used. Did you only mount the resistor on one wire...IE Just the turn signal or both the turn signal and stop signal??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not to sure if it's possible to reprogram the BCM on a 2016 to accept LED's, I had the dealership I use reprogram the BCM on my 2012 for LED's that way I didn't have to mess around with load resistors.
Just a thought.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd check your fuse and the relay. Sometimes the relay starts to go and it will cause a lot of issues. Though really it could be many different things something as simple as water getting in the fixture and causing some fun though the new trucks aren't nearly as prone to that as older ones.

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
Reactions: HeavyAssault
1 - 8 of 8 Posts