Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again I ask that you do not PM me with request about making stuff, thank you.

I'm giving these away, you just pay shipping (paypal). This will be "first come, first serve", so the first 8 members who wants one gets one. 7 out of the 8 are raw, and 1 is primer and painted black with a spray paint can (test piece).

These knobs will fit the ZF6 manual trans shifter rod. They are made from scrap material that was laying around our shop.

NOTICE: they are made out of cold rolled or D2 steel, so they will rust if not finished.

It's up to you to use your imagination on how you want to finish them off, paint/powder coat/chrome, what ever tickles your tonsils!! LOL!!

Heres the dimensions: 1.893" o.d. X 2.285" +/- .020" X .586" +/- .010" i.d.

The factory Ford ZF6 shifter rod is splined (not threaded). These steel knobs are drilled and tapped 3/8 X 16 for a stainless steel set screw to lock them down to the shifter rod.

I've made metal knobs in the past, and have been told that they do get hot to the touch in the summer, and cold in the winter, but who cares about comfort when it comes to "BLING". LOL!!

They will be given away in the order that they were requested, first come first serve. Myself and others would like to see your finished knobs, let's see how creative you are!!!

Thanks, Rich
View attachment 28824
View attachment 28827
View attachment 28828

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got one of you SS knobs awhile back. Couldn't get the stock knob off so I put it on the back burner. Finally put in on my old Bronco with a ZF5. Loved the heft and feel so much that I took hammer and chisel to the stock superduty knob. It came off in pieces. The top with the shift pattern was still good so I cleaned it up and glued it to the top of the SS one. Thanks again Rich

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sweet. I'd rock it if I still had a manual trans

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got one of you SS knobs awhile back. Couldn't get the stock knob off so I put it on the back burner. Finally put in on my old Bronco with a ZF5. Loved the heft and feel so much that I took hammer and chisel to the stock superduty knob. It came off in pieces. The top with the shift pattern was still good so I cleaned it up and glued it to the top of the SS one. Thanks again Rich
You know, if you have a laser etching company near by, they can laser etch the shift pattern right in the knob. The local guy wanted $25-$35 to laser etch anything I wanted (pattern,ford logo, ect, ect.). This only works good on stainless and anodized aluminum.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would love one for my 07 6 speed! canada represent!
Your the first one, do you want a raw one or the painted one?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I want a raw one! My 07 will look great with one!

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
i want one!!