Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Retired
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a great little piece of gear, highly recommend it! Very sturdy and out of the line of sight of thieves. Easy to connect and disconnect the Mini in case of dealer repairs (looks like a radar mount) or for further theft prevention. About 20 minutes to install (remove left grab handle to run 10 FT supplied HDMI cable). Nice billet connector to mirror stem. Love it!!! (sorry for phone pic)

· Registered
566 Posts
Looking good bud :)

· Retired
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Happy with the quality and location for sure.

· Retired
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There seems to be a slight mileage increase but hard to tell with all the wind. Deleting DPF soon so I hope for a little more.

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Looks nice, and its out of the way, ill be ordering one when I order my mini max.

· Retired
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my problem is it requires the mirror be moved down so far. I always move my mirrors as high as possible in all of my vehicles :eek:
It really isn't moved much at all. In fact I tilted it down, installed the bracket and tilted it back up. As you can see there is a ton of room above it as well. Really like it and rock solid.

· Registered
566 Posts
I'm waiting for my rigid lights to show up and then maybe black Friday when the sales r on ordering the delete pipe.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
1,327 Posts
I'm waiting for my rigid lights to show up and then maybe black Friday when the sales r on ordering the delete pipe.

Haha that's a good idea. I wanna do the delete as well, im just wondering if I can accomplish removing the dpf and installing the delete myself.

· Registered
4,381 Posts
It really isn't moved much at all. In fact I tilted it down, installed the bracket and tilted it back up. As you can see there is a ton of room above it as well. Really like it and rock solid.
There are two pivot points on pretty much every rear view mirror. Mine get shoved as high as they'll go for maximum visibility out of the windshield. I'm 6'5", and I can't stand having the rear view taking up half of my field of vision.

This is the rear view in my '08

· Retired
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're too damn tall!!! Lol. Maybe it is not right for you then.

· Retired
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think if you can live with the mirror slightly lower you will like the mount. The bracket that connects to the mirror can be adjusted/bent several ways (I should have taken pics of the damn thing). You can make it work if this setup interests you.

· Registered
566 Posts
Maybe the corner of the big dash tray on top. Idk just an idea. I have the dash pod

· Retired
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the dash pod will be Big-Uns best choice unless he can give on the mirror a bit. Post the pic of your pod man. You did a great Job paint matching it.

· Registered
4,381 Posts
I think if you can live with the mirror slightly lower you will like the mount. The bracket that connects to the mirror can be adjusted/bent several ways (I should have taken pics of the damn thing). You can make it work if this setup interests you.
nah, if I could move the mirror up that last 2" or so, I would! LOL

I'll figure something out

· Retired
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe mount it on top of the roof and cut a hole for your head? Lol

· Registered
566 Posts
I'll try to post the pic tomorrow if I can. I've only posted them from my phone before not a computer.

Sgt if you still have the pics you can post then if you would like. That's okay with me

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.