Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my name is eric and i have recently had my truck messed with ...the shop has recently tld me that there is some thing in the fuel , they think its something like bleach or tide detergent what could this do to the motor thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It started and ran for about a couple of mins and them water and fuel light came on and it started smoking and missing real bad to the point that it wouldn't start any more , they are wanting to replace all injectors and pump and clean tank and lines but Iam worried it might have done deeper damage

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I would drop and clean the tank and all the fuel lines, change filters, and the fuel rails. I'd hold off on injectors for right now. Hopefully everything else takes care of the issue.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Let the insurance company pay for it and replace the whole fuel system and have the check every cylinder with a bore scope.

Sorry for your luck man.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thread has me worried, I got threated for parking infront of someones apartment at 1 am, (thats when I get home from work) guy coming out saying he can't sleep and if I keep parking there will be problems, hope he don't search how to destroy a diesel truck, op sorry to hear what happened that deff sucks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
OMG if someone did that to me, there would be a bag of lime and a shallow grave waiting for them...

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
bleach can do some serious damage to a fuel tank, and metal parts..... its a pretty strong oxidizer, and some say it can damage seals, hoses and the like.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Off topic but somewhat relevant

Thread has me worried, I got threated for parking infront of someones apartment at 1 am, (thats when I get home from work) guy coming out saying he can't sleep and if I keep parking there will be problems, hope he don't search how to destroy a diesel truck, op sorry to hear what happened that deff sucks!
If you haven't already, you need to document the threat through the apartment manager's office (at the very least) or the local police office (more appropriate).

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
If you haven't already, you need to document the threat through the apartment manager's office (at the very least) or the local police office (more appropriate).

Jonathan
I agree with you Jonathan. That way if something does happen the ground work is laid to pursue it. I would put both the manager and the police on notice that I had been threatened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got a call today and they said the insurance approved all work except for the injectors so they want to see if cleaning the fuel syst will fix it and if doses then they wil try injectors

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Holy hell no lol, let them pay to take it apart and have a ford tech say they are no good, tell them you want them all flow tested

1 - 20 of 21 Posts