Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO like the title says the otherday I was hauling my gooseneck (about 10k lbs) and I had been driving for a few hours and at one stoplight (I had pulled off the hiway a few minutes earlier) I lok and my BlackMaxx is defueling because of high coolant temp but my stock gauge reads normal?? (a little less than straight up) I got out and checked under the hood and everything seemed fine. So I shut the truck off let it sit for about 2 minutes then restarted it and everything worked as it should. WTF? I was driving gently and I had the blackmaxx on "No Power" So then I changed my gauge readout to include my coolant temp and for the rest of the trip (about 1 hr) it never went above 213 and it was usually high 190's to low 200's. Outside temp was around 102f and I was in the hills. I figured if I had air in the system or a bad sensor (or if she was actually overheating) the stock gauge would read high as well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Stock gauge is way too broad on the temps in my opinion, it doesnt start reading into the hot range until aroud 250ish, dont qoute me though i cant remember exactly it has been a while. Ill see what i can gather. What temps do you monitor? I recommend ECT, EGT, EOT, Trans, Fuel Pressure, and Boost especially when towing

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was monitoring boost, Egt, Mph, throttle %, rpm. Then I changed throttle to ECT. And then my stock gauges of course. Im going to change my selection for the trip back. Like I said my stock coolant temp never went anywhere near the "yellow" or "Red" area.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
the stock gauges read so slow that by the time it hit the red its almost too late. the H&S is spot on .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts