Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 05 Excursion with the '04 6.0 PSD - 163k miles.
Truck has a 4" exhaust and air raid open filter.
Just did an EGR delete from performance machine and ordered the Tunes from Vivian.

When I'm running the Looney or Street - performance is awesome, but the truck blows black smoke like crazy. Spoke to Vivian and she sent me a new looney that supposedly is not supposed to blow smoke - still does.

When I put the truck back to stock - no smoke ,but the stupid EGR code comes up.

Any ideas what it might be? something wrong with the truck or some wrong parameters on the tunes?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Running high HP tunes the truck is going to smoke if you hammer it before the turbo spools.... No getting around that. You could have a minor issue with the turbo/intercooler causing a boost leak. Low boost= more smoke. What are your guages telling you?

You stated when you put it back to stock there is no smoke... Sounds like if your boost is where it should be, everything is normal. Its going to smoke with tunes regardless .

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
The excessive fueling of any aftermarket program is going to smoke when you first get into the throttle, untill the turbo fully spools.

Does it smoke under normal throttle coming off a stop?
Any boost or exhaust leaks?
How much boost are you seeing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts