Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright I hear everyone talking about how they "roll coal" or smoke'em out and all. My 03 F550 has never really smoked even when you punch it. Now I am running the SCT with Innovative Tunes (street tune currently) and there is less smoke now than there was. Granted I;m not a kind but I like to know that my junk is workin. So any light would be appreciated on the subject

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
what other mods do you have? Black smoke is unburned fuel i think correct me if i am wrong someone

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Black smoke is unburned fuel. You should be getting some with any tuner, even in a tow or econo setting when you really get on it,or lug it up a hill...:shrug:

IDK why you wouldn't be

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the black smoke is unburned fuel that has been heated but not burned. so in my option that no smoke it more economical in that you aren't wasting fuel out the exhaust but then when is being 100% efficient ever been any FUN ?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Who can afford black smoke these days? Looks cool, but money in the bank looks even cooler.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
^funny you say that, These days I am selective of who I race and blow smoke on because of how much it costs. Not everyone is worth it anymore. If someone tries to do it to me, I actually feel honored now...weird

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
having the "kitty" in your exhaust doesnt help you any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts