Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will be installing a Black Maxx with H&S tunes on Thursday.

My questions to other owners:

1) What are you 'monitoring' on your display?

2) If something you are NOT monitoring on your display comes into 'alarm' will it become displayed on the monitor while it's in alarm?

3) Can I set the monitor up so it continuously scans through each device it can monitor and show them on the display cycling through each for a few seconds?

4) Seems there are two alarm set points for most divices that the Maxx is able to monitor; so is one just autible/visual from the monitor? Then the second alarm for that device cause the tuner to defuel?

5) When/If I do go into 'defuel' will I know at a glance what device is in alarm? Or will I have to cycle through to figure it out?

I have read all the online instructions i could find, but I didn't fully understand what I was reading ...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
So I will be installing a Black Maxx with H&S tunes on Thursday.

My questions to other owners:

1) What are you 'monitoring' on your display?

2) If something you are NOT monitoring on your display comes into 'alarm' will it become displayed on the monitor while it's in alarm?

3) Can I set the monitor up so it continuously scans through each device it can monitor and show them on the display cycling through each for a few seconds?

4) Seems there are two alarm set points for most divices that the Maxx is able to monitor; so is one just autible/visual from the monitor? Then the second alarm for that device cause the tuner to defuel?

5) When/If I do go into 'defuel' will I know at a glance what device is in alarm? Or will I have to cycle through to figure it out?

I have read all the online instructions i could find, but I didn't fully understand what I was reading ...
1. pyro temp, oil temp, trans temp, coolant temp
2.i think so
3.no
4.no...high and low... example.. i defuel for coolant temp below 120...and above 220...the low is so the truck can warm up a little before i get on it..
5.yes .. it displays " no power... blanl blank defueling"

·
Registered
585 Posts
1. pyro temp, oil temp, trans temp, coolant temp
2.i think so
3.no
4.no...high and low... example.. i defuel for coolant temp below 120...and above 220...the low is so the truck can warm up a little before i get on it..
5.yes .. it displays " no power... blanl blank defueling"

This. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
530 Posts
1. Pyro, 2. PSI, 4. fuel and can't remember what my third one is.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
is the ICP one the fuel pressure? What should be fuel pressure be at?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
is the ICP one the fuel pressure? What should be fuel pressure be at?
:dunno: i dont know either,,,,,maybe someone will chime in:thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I like the idea of learning what you guys are monitoring with the Maxx.

Now after playing with the Black Maxx for a little bit I do understand it better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts