Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck is all blacked just little chrome on the harley grille. I feel like since plasti dip has came out it has been a very cheap way to cover chrome ending in a poor finish. Whats all of your opinions?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think that the all black look ( murdered out) only looks good on certain vehicles. I would keep the chrome.

Reactions: Bates.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that the all black look ( murdered out) only looks good on certain vehicles. I would keep the chrome.
yeah i agree, i think black looks pretty mean. all about the look and style of the truck though.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Body color. I think the matte black makes it look like a cheap XL work truck. But that's just me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Body color. I think the matte black makes it look like a cheap XL work truck. But that's just me.
what if its a gloss black truck with matte black vents,grilles and rims?

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I think if the "outer" were gloss black with the "inner" being matte it would look good. I've always kind of felt that the vents stuck out a little too much. I always liked the way the Harley vents looked, being body color with a little chrome

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah if i could get my hands on some harley side vents! i actually bought the harley grille from a guy in saskatchewan for $100!

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Yeah, they're a little pricey and now that they're out of production, the price is only going up.

Have you seen the billet bars that go where the red plastic is? If you did the chrome body color with the stainless/chrome bars I think it'd look pretty darn good.

Or something like these:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Chrome this time has better highlight!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah. chrome would be good in the end but I find the grilles are made cheap and bubble after time. just a common flaw for fords.

·
Super Moderator
5,955 Posts
I am not a huge fan of chrome on black trucks anymore. I like a little but people overdo it. I am still trying to get some of this chrome accent crap off my truck that the old man that had it before me put on. It makes them look cheap.

I also hate the matte finish look unless you have an aggressive off-road look to your truck. I always figured stick with the body color and it will turn out the way you want. Use chrome to accent, but don't plaster the damn thing with chrome...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not a huge fan of chrome on black trucks anymore. I like a little but people overdo it. I am still trying to get some of this chrome accent crap off my truck that the old man that had it before me put on. It makes them look cheap.

I also hate the matte finish look unless you have an aggressive off-road look to your truck. I always figured stick with the body color and it will turn out the way you want. Use chrome to accent, but don't plaster the damn thing with chrome...
couldn't of said it better. once i paint my accents ill post it and see what you all think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts