Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi .org - I'm having a hell of a time deciding on new wheels for my 6.7. The design part is easy, it's the color that has me sitting here scratching my head. I need your opinion on going with Black wheels or Chrome wheels. The truck is Sterling Grey with the chrome package. I've looked at countless pictures but I'm stuck -- both look great. Never had black wheels but I've read and heard of nightmares with chipping, pitting, peeling, oxidizing, etc. I off-road on the ranch several times a month. Nothing crazy - just some sketchy dirt and/or gravel roads. Looking for durability and an overall lasting cool factor. What's your opinion? Appreciate it.

I might add that I live off the coast and drive the beaches all of the time....just in case salt is a factor with painted wheels.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I never really like black wheels with a lot of chrome on the truck so i say chrome. I've had black wheels on my old blacked out truck but this new one is getting chrome.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Chrome! If I could type chrome a billion times I totally would!!! Mines sterling gray and chrome looks damn good on it. Black is gettin a little over played. Every 22 year old with a truck rattle cans everything black nowadays. Chrome=class IMO.

What would I be doing right now if I didn't have an iPhone?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Go machined. That way ya get both. My truck wouldn't look right with all black wheels and the chrome front end, and chrome rims get trashed way too easily. Machined is the best of both worlds :thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Go machined. That way ya get both. My truck wouldn't look right with all black wheels and the chrome front end, and chrome rims get trashed way too easily. Machined is the best of both worlds :thumb:

:agree:.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
My currents are all black, my soon-to-be's are going to be machined. i dont like all black as it looks plain, and i dont like all chrome because it seems like chrome is nothing special anymore, $13,000 Dodge neons come with chrome rims now, its hard to tell if its stock, or custom.

Machined baby, just do it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Black machined.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I am in the same predicament with my maroon truck. I think machined gives you the best of both worlds in my opinion.
I think Chrome and black wheels are both over played now but there's not too many other choices.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'd say chrome on a maroon truck too. It's a classy color. Chrome on marion looks classy. Black looks like some guy bought a truck and have it to his kid after a year and the kid rattle canned everything. Jmo

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd say chrome on a maroon truck too. It's a classy color. Chrome on marion looks classy. Black looks like some guy bought a truck and have it to his kid after a year and the kid rattle canned everything. Jmo

Skooter- I like chrome too so that's why this is a tough call. I'm leaning towards the Fuel Krank--machined and black makes it an appealing option. My only concern is durability and low maintanence with the black.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree with skooter 100% on this. I hate the over plated rattle canned look

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate everyone that offered their opinion's on my next choice in wheels. I actually went against my gut feeling and decided to go with the Black/Machine combination. I'm very pleased with the choice and I like the way this turned out. For your immediate viewing pleasure - MHT Fuel Throttle's wrapped with Toyo AT-2, 35/12.50/20. Better pics to follow:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Looks awesome!!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
PERFECT!!!!!!! :thumb: get some closer up of them tires. i think im gonna be ordering a set for winter rims!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I like it.

I prefer the machined looked

1 - 17 of 17 Posts