Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tired of the nickel and dime(more like hundreds and thousands) that my truck is doing to me. I've got 215,000 miles on it and I was looking into this full long block pan to turbo including injectors black mamba engine with a year warranty. Does anyone have one or know who does that I can contact. The price is really good for the long list of parts you get. I know it's all not nessasary and you could put a better turbo on it and make it better but I'm trying to get some sort of liability from my 6.0 FINALLY... Let me know what yall think.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
If you read and search you won't contact them anymore

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I've spent about $18k over the last yr and a half.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The place is out of business?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have about $20K in mods in my truck. I have owned it for 13 months. I would not trade it for anything. I know what has been done and I know that it has been done right. I am completely confident in my 6.0.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
my 6.0 is a monster and i love it and i have no doubts in it nor has it ever let me down.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Buy a core and get it done right, If you buy a low mileage core and get it inspected you will probably be able to just do injectors, and all of the usual stuff in one shot. and then sell your core, I know several 6.0s over 300k unrebuilt, with few problems.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys I'm not saying anything bad about my 6.0... I love my truck. I'm just trying to find another option besides buying new injectors or getting these rebuilt again. I found that a new set of quality injectors installed will run 4-5 thousand. I'm thinking I could eliminate other future problems since my truck does have a track record of breaking. I to have a lot of money wrapped up in performance parts, but I'm talking about turbos, injectors, FICMs, head gaskets, ect.... My truck is payment free and I love it. Just wanting to spend alittle $ to make her better and hopefully stop the unexpected repairs.
Xjeeper, you think I can have a engine built and installed for a decent price?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Geeez.....all that in your sig, and no decent monitor?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If your going to spend that kind of money why not just pull the heads have them checked, if their cracked or not flat get new ones, stud them, do all the updated parts, get your injectors, turbo, etc. and be done with it. My trucks getting close to 100K on studded heads and I have no fear of it giving me any trouble.

Please tell me you have some type of monitor, if not that should be #1 on your list.

Here are some good threads to read about how important monitoring is and another one about what all is involved in bulletproofing and how far you can go with it all.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/259257-write-up-monitoring-6-0l-psd.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...204386-write-up-bullet-proofing-6-0l-psd.html

I found that a new set of quality injectors installed will run 4-5 thousand.
Where are you getting your injectors at for that price? Have you looked at Warren?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
4-5k for injectors? On earth they are about $750, for the whole set.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a sct livewire that monitors my truck and a egt,trans gauge. I was looking into Swamps injectors. $3300 plus tax, labor at Stricktly diesel (local shop) is about $1000. Plus something small always pops up when the truck gets worked on.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Get you some warren injectors and it will take you about 4 hrs to put them in. Its not hard to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Get you some warren injectors and it will take you about 4 hrs to put them in. Its not hard to do.

Plus something small will not pop up, every time YOU need to do something to your truck.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Southend I don't know what earth you live on but you are not getting 6.0 performance injectors for $750. Unless you talking used junk. Bad Cores are worth almost that price. Look around, I bought the cheep injectors last time and I've learned my lesson(should of listened to the guys on hear warning me to spend more). I've had them fixed 2x in the last 1.5years. As for fixing my own truck... I don't have the time or diesel know how. I can fix anything gas but this truck is out of my ability.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Southend I don't know what earth you live on but you are not getting 6.0 performance injectors for $750. Unless you talking used junk. Bad Cores are worth almost that price. Look around, I bought the cheep injectors last time and I've learned my lesson(should of listened to the guys on hear warning me to spend more). I've had them fixed 2x in the last 1.5years. As for fixing my own truck... I don't have the time or diesel know how. I can fix anything gas but this truck is out of my ability.
Stock with cores, not sure what you mean a far as "performance"........http://www.warrendiesel.com/warren_diesel_performance_004.htm

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I paid $550 for a set of 155's from Warren. I bought them 8 months ago. I had one go out, thats ok because Jesse GAVE me a spare to keep on hand and i installed that one. Jesse also rebuilt the one that went out and sent it back to me to keep for FREE. You cant beat that customer service. Anything man made is going to break, what the vendor does to make it right is what matters. For what our injectors actually do and as often as they have to do it, its a miracle that they do it at all.

If you can work on a gasser then you can work on a 6.0. I know its intimidating, just read up on it on here and jump in. If you mess something up, we will help fix it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
4-5k for injectors? On earth they are about $750, for the whole set.

Umm I have about 4k into my 155 casserly injectors. This is normal for quality 6.0 new modded injectors, installed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
We're clearly taking about brand new vs. rebuilt. Mine are rebuilt, couldn't afford new.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,100 Posts
I do not believe there are any NEW 6.0L injectors. they are ALL rebuilt. At one time I read that Alliant had brand new ones, but I am not sure that was substantiated. BTW Siemens is the original injector manufacturer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts