Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 08 with the factory chrome grill. i would like to change it and put a black one on. any suggestions?

·
Registered
139 Posts
or does anyone have a black fx4 grill for sale
do like i did buy the FX4 in black and then Ebay your chrome grill. I got 200 bones for my old grill on ebay.

·
Registered
118 Posts
what did the fx4 cost you. you got it from ford im assuming
I bought one brand new from a guy on ebay for 75 dollars. All shipped, about 105 dollars. No one else responded to the auction. It came off an '08 black FX4. It's being painted as we speak. Once it is all installed, I'm going to sell the chrome grille that is currently on my truck to offset the cost of the paint work. My point to all of this is be patient and keep your eyes on ebay. Eventually, your patience will pay off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is cool...my truck has the chrome grill too... I think the Fx4 grill is much better on the 2008...to much chrome going too high up unto the hood area. My truck is dark green though so I would have to get it painted....:nod:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fordpartsguy said he could get me one. i think i'll get it but i have one question.
are the emblems removable? mine are blacked out and i hope to be able to exchange them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
fordpartsguy said he could get me one. i think i'll get it but i have one question.
are the emblems removable? mine are blacked out and i hope to be able to exchange them.
If you're talking about the blue oval on the front of the grille, the answer is yes. Once I get my new FX4 grille mounted, I'll give you one if you want.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't need one i just wanted to know if i could put the blacked out one i already have on the new fx4 grill when i get it. thank you for the offer though. and thanks for the info. i'm just too lazy to walk out and see if mine is removable.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i don't need one i just wanted to know if i could put the blacked out one i already have on the new fx4 grill when i get it. thank you for the offer though. and thanks for the info. i'm just too lazy to walk out and see if mine is removable.
No problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts