Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am researching and considering starting up a small biodiesel operation considering i can get my hands on some free oil from some of my local fast food joints.

Heres my question and reason for this thread....

Can a our 7.3 motors run off "black diesel"??

Came across the making of black diesel while researching biodiesel and found it surprisingly easy to make compared to biodiesel but the use of black diesel is limited due to most motors having an optical sensor in the injection pump that needs to "see" through the fuel.

Is this the case on a 7.3 Powerstroke?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've never heard that...

these trucks don't have an injection pump as such, just a low pressure fuel pump. The unit injectors act as the high pressure pump. And I know for a fact that they don't have optical sensors...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After posting this and before reading your reply. I found my answer from another thread on here about black diesel.

So i guess to answer my question: YES 7.3 motors CAN run black diesel but i guess the more important question...the one that is of major controversy and still cant be answered concretely, would be....Can black diesel be ran without harming your motor? some say yes and some say now....all "IMHO" lol....and i feel if people begin to try and start answering the question here, it will turn in to another long winded thread post where egos come in to play and past personal differences peak there heads in between members taking away the value of their information on the topic...

I guess what I am saying is....nobody need not reply to my questions or this discussion as it will be never ending and far from black and white.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts