Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have 2-3 of the old black CPS's laying around that are new. I had the recall done and the new one is givin me problems.

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Living on a prayer
291 Posts
I'm in the process of locating a black CPS, too.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Wow, first I heard of that. Maybe there's a reason that black CPS was so expensive and the gray CPS is so cheap? What about the infamous blue CPS from International - I thought it was like the black but retards (or advances) timing - it's still available (and I have one I've never used). Wonder if Jody could adjust for that and make it work the same?

Ben

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Yeah I remember when the Blue ones came out there were people claiming 3 mpg difference!! I have two of the black ones, one is in the truck and one is my back up in my tool box along with the tools to change it. Every 7.3 owner should carry a spare CPS and the basic hand tools to change one. Ever thought about all the money that Ford has made replacing CPS's, you know it is in the tens of thousands, if not hundred's. I have read reports on other forums for some dealers charging $350 -$400 for troubleshooting and replacement, of course this is when the sensors were selling for $189 and some Stealerships!! I bought a spare off Ebay for $50 new in the package the day after I purchased my truck!! I have had to change it out one time during a Thunderstorm on the side of the road. Had my scanner, checked the code and within 10 min had the new one in and back on the road!!

NCH

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last time I checked DP Tuner has them for sale on their website. They want 65 bucks though

·
Living on a prayer
291 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
No problem.. Here to help. Ever compare the black to the grey side by side? The difference in weight is pretty evident. It's like the grey CPS was made in China or something.

Chris

·
Registered
511 Posts
I just now checked out that link you posted. Smoking deal! i bought two. Thanks.
Why would you buy two USED CPS that don't have an o-ring and who knows how old they are?

·
Living on a prayer
291 Posts
right...

I am feeling a bit foolish but I needed to see if the black cps would resolve some issues i'm having. i'll pick up new o-rings for a couple bucks at IH.
Why would you buy two USED CPS that don't have an o-ring and who knows how old they are?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
i had my CPS changed out December 2007 cuz the origianl was giving my trouble, i haven't had a problem since then.

is the IH version better to use than the Ford version??

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
You can still buy the black one on Ebay as well.

NCH

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,057 Posts
Ebay and i saw some at DP-Tuner, im getting ready to go back to the Black CPS myself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
black cps

I purchased a black cps from oreilly auto parts it is a borg warner and carries a lifetime warranty for 26.00.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts