Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is what I have 2001 4x4 auto with 170,000 miles well maintained trans good shape. I have a full 4 inch to a six inch stack, DIY intake, hutch mod, and a old hypertec chip with one setting. Thinking of a tw or beans six pos chip, new big head waste gate. Fuel bowl delete and regulated return hpx crossover line, and a new trans valve body from stickley diesel. I do all my own work was wondering what size injectors I could go up to without messing with the turbo to much just to give her some extra get up and go

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I've been told that the unless your wastegate is going bad then there is no reason to get a new one. They aren't really upgrades, all they do is allow the turbo to bypass air if the pressure gets to much.

If you don't want to mess with oil or turbo then stage 1s (160cc) would be something to look into. I know if you went with anything like 238/100s or 250/100s you'll want a s366. 250/200s you'll want a S467 not to mention more oil.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Well here is what I have 2001 4x4 auto with 170,000 miles well maintained trans good shape. I have a full 4 inch to a six inch stack, DIY intake, hutch mod, and a old hypertec chip with one setting. Thinking of a tw or beans six pos chip, new big head waste gate. Fuel bowl delete and regulated return hpx crossover line, and a new trans valve body from stickley diesel. I do all my own work was wondering what size injectors I could go up to without messing with the turbo to much just to give her some extra get up and go

Wastegate is worthless.

You can pull off stage1's or some hybrids on the stock turbo... anything more and your prolly gonna want to get a 38r or something else. beans chip is an excellent idea. Valve body is also an excellent idea.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies I think I will take your advice money permitting I will go with the beans chip a good set of gauges and the valve body for now them Christmas I'm thinking injectors. If I change the turbo and injectors what injectors can I run with a 38r and the stock hpop

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Hybrids :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts