Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
my dad started making bio diesel a couple years ago, we both run 7.3s and after about 5 filters each we can run it 100% no problem, run about 50/50 in the winter.
however he has a 6.0 and we tried running it a few times on biodiesel and it would barley run had no power so we havnt run it sense. may just be the way he makes it, not real sure but i would suggest gradually mixing it in to avoid any problems

·
Registered
3 Posts
I assume you pre-filter your B100 prior to putting in the truck's fuel tank. What micron level do you use? The 6.0's 1st filter is 10 and the 2nd 2 microns. I was wondering if I should go to 10 or all the way to 2. Also, are there any specific brands/model of fuel filter that work better. Don't want to clog up or damage the fuel injection system. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you know what he filters the biodiesel to prior to putting in the tank? I wonder what is unique about his process the left the 6.0 without power? Was it a specific batch or those that work well with the 7.3? 5 filters that is a lot, had to do that with my older mercedes. The filters are really expensive. I was also wondering if there is a place to get the 2 micron filters - only. I think my truck will do ok once the crud is out of the system.

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
I ran b20 for a few months at a time before changing fuel filters on my late build 04 6.0. no issues except little less power and mpg but It didn't seem to run any different other than that in my opinion. I always bought it a gas station but they moved on and now I can't find any BIO where I live for my thirsty 7.3l

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
Hahaha oops my bad :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
bboomer:

I am still trying to figure out where I can get the 2 micron filters that would be easy to install in line from my storage tank. What make and model do you use?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts