Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys so I have a 2003 6.0 and a few friends and myself are thinking about putting money together and buying a bio diesel production kit for the house. If we do this...what all do I need to do to my actual truck to be able to run it? Also, what is the best kit to purchase? Any and all info is appreciated!

·
Registered
169 Posts
OK guys so I have a 2003 6.0 and a few friends and myself are thinking about putting money together and buying a bio diesel production kit for the house.
First things first.... how much fuel do you plan to make to supply everyone? Understand that if you have 3 or 4 friends involved and each want 25-30 gallons a week you will need to have an oil source of 75-125 gallons a week. Your weekly comsumption will also be the main determination in the size of reactor/processor you will need to purchase.
If we do this...what all do I need to do to my actual truck to be able to run it?
Nothing... that is if you are using biofuel. You will need to change out your fuel filter a few times over the first half dozen tanks or so but after that just normal PM.
Also, what is the best kit to purchase?
Whats the best ice cream flavor? You will get as veried responses to this as you will on whats the best kit. You really need to research all of the available kits out there and see what you feel fits your needs. Once you have settled on what you think will fit your needs than ask around about the particular kit you selected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts